The Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers are still available for limited services to the elderly and disabled in our community during the COVID-19 restrictions. If you are in need of assistance, please leave a message at 586-725-2441 ext. 37
ALSO - You can complete our Online Volunteer Form at the bottom of this page
As a member of the Macomb County Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers we help provide a community of caring that makes it possible for all older and disabled adults to enjoy independence and quality of life through a network of supported, prepared, and fulfilled volunteers
We work to meet two mutually entwined and equally important purposes.
- to respond to the ever-growing needs of older and physically challenged adults living in our communities who struggle daily to maintain their independence at home.
- while providing meaningful opportunities for volunteers of all ages to enrich their lives and live out their faith by helping others.
Who We Are
We provide assistance to our older and disabled neighbors who need a little extra help. Many frail and physically challenged adults in our community struggle daily to maintain their independence - our helping hands often make it possible for them to remain in their homes.
What We Do
The program matches volunteers of all ages with older or disabled adults to provide a variety of supportive services such as:
- Transportation and help with doctor appointments, medical procedures & errands
- Minor home repairs, maintenance, chores, & yard work
- Light housekeeping
- Friendly visits and supportive phone calls
- And other assistance that can help someone remain safely at home
The Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers program will try to find a helping hand for anyone who lives in our parish community regardless of religious preference. All older and disabled adults who need assistance to remain at home are eligible for help, however priority is given to those with the greatest need. All services are offered without charge.
If you need assistance, or if you can volunteer to provide assistance, please call our parish Interfaith Volunteer Caregiver coordinators at 586-725-2441 - Extension 37. Please clearly leave your name and telephone number and a volunteer coordinator will return your call.
Volunteers can also inquire by submitting the form below.
- We are not a professional service,
- and we do not provide home health care.
Our volunteers are simply neighbors helping neighbors.